Pages

16.7.17

Huntington Beach, California


H U N T I N G T O N  B E A C H *

I like to travel every time I get a little extended time off, so naturally, I planned a quick getaway for the 4th of July weekend. However, and I have not mentioned it here (I have actually not mentioned it anywhere), but G. and I recently rescued a little kitten and I did not want to leave her alone for two nights as she is still so tiny <3 (and did I say that I love her like crazy?). So we stood in LA. Nothing bad about it though; we had a very good friend from San Diego visiting, so we had dinner on Friday, we went to Universal Studios (#Potterheadforever) on Saturday and G. agreed (phew) to drive to the beach on Monday! I have never been to Huntington Beach until then and it was pretty cool. It is once again, everything that you expect about south Cali and it carries this atmosphere that I like so much. 

We arrived there pretty late and it was very crowded because, well, it was the July 4th weekend. After disastrous trips in the past on that day, I usually tend to stay home that weekend, because it is overly crowded, especially the beach and it is not even enjoyable. But it wasn't too bad this time. We had a healthy lunch, walked around main street, and on the pier (#pierlife). I LOVE walking on the piers; I don't exactly know why, I just love it. Oh Cali, I love you so. 

It is always relaxing to breath the fresh air of the ocean. Well, I am an island girl after all. I did not travel as much as I would have liked this year so far - but life has its own way and I need to learn to trust the timing of it; I know it will all come into place.  I need to be patient, and most is all, I need to be grateful, I guess working on myself is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

*A day to smile and be grateful for all the days yet to come. 

__ Huntington Beach Pier, Huntington Beach, CA 92648



Xxx Célia _

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes *