Pages

10.5.17

San Clemente, California


S A N  C L E M E N T E *

I have to say, I am pretty happy to be finally writing and sharing some photos & thoughts. I know I said it before and I probably start sounding like a broken record, but things have been quite busy lately and I haven't found the time or I haven't made the time to share. But I made a promise to myself and I prefer quality over quantity. I actually worked on two other posts recently, and I ended  up not sharing them, simply because I wasn't happy with the result. I felt like it didn't correspond to me, to the blog, and I preferred to not share anything than sharing something that I wasn't satisfied about. Anyway, all of this to say that I am happy to share this week, that I'm sorry I don't share much lately and that sooner or later, it will all be like I want it to be

One of the things I love about living here in Cali, is that no matter where I go, I always find it beautiful. And driving 60 miles down south of LA was the best thing I did last weekend (and seeing The Weeknd for the second time, but that's an all other story, but I was so close and it was amazing). The first time I went to San Clemente was in 2013 when I was living in San Diego. We went to LA to spend the weekend and stopped in SC to watch the Super Bowl. Aside from remembering that it was very peaceful, I don't remember much (all I saw was a sports bar after-all - btw, you have no idea, or maybe you do, how much I miss San Diego at this exact moment).

San Clemente is indeed peaceful and it was so relaxing to walk around those streets and the pier. We drove in the morning, had a tasty brunch at The Cellar (156 Avenida Del Mar, San Clemente, CA 92672) and then walked to the pier. On the way to the pier we stopped at a little art gallery - those are always so pretty. The pier is nothing different than any other piers you've seen, yet it had this peaceful feeling that I don't always find everywhere. I love walking on piers, this is so California and I just love it. So we walked the pier, stared at the infinite ocean for a while, walked back and ate an ice cream. We then stared at the ocean a little more, but from the beach this time. And then from up the street where we found a little spot in the shadow. I could have sat all afternoon, I could have looked all day. It was so beautiful - I know it looks "common" on the photos, but these photos do not capture the true beauty, the true feeling that I got, it was blissful. 

It's everything you expect California to be. The palms, the sunny sky, the pier, the shades of blue, the freedom, life. This was all I needed to feel alive again. That weekend was amazing and I'll work harder to create a life where they are all this way. 

[615 Avenida Victoria, San Clemente, CA 92672]


- Xoxoxo Célia

No comments:

Post a Comment