Pages

19.2.17

LA: FOOD LOVERS #5


Hi loves! It's time for the first Food Lovers' edition of the year and as always I am excited to share these addresses! As a quick reminder, I created the Food Lovers' category in order to share some of my favorite places to eat/drink/go out in L.AIf you missed the previous editions, you can find them all HERE. Why several editions? Because I did not want to regroup all the addresses I like in one place (meaning one single post); I find it very tedious to read and that way I can describe a little bit more and tell you why I love these places so much. And why this particular name? Well, because (of course) I myself love food and I believe that it always makes thing better!

* GREENLEAF for Brunch: 

If you have been reading the previous Food Lovers' editions, you know how much I love breakfast/brunch and that what I love even more than just breakfast, is eating breakfast outside. The thing with eating breakfast outside on a weekend, is that I don't want to have to drive too far to get it (there is nothing like traffic to ruin your mood on a Sunday morning); so the best thing with GREENLEAF, it's that it's right under my apartment and that it's delicious (win-win). I have never eaten better Eggs Benedict than at this place. And it's also very cozy - I love their outside seating, full of vegetation, making me feel relaxed even though I am right in the middle of the city. They only offer brunch over the weekend though, but that's ok because I never really have time during the week. They also have lots of juices & smoothies as well as an açai bowl that I have yet to try (I love açai bowls for breakfast!). They also do dinner, but I would really recommend this place for brunch. It's not that expensive at all and it's really healthy. No need to say that it is my new breakfast spot since I moved to my new apartment and I couldn't be happier to have found it. 


Addresses: 
- Hollywood: 6201 Hollywood Blvd #120, Los Angeles, CA 90028
- Venice: 1239 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291

P.S: They have several other locations, but I am just mentioning the ones that I am going to :)

My Picks (what I prefer/recommend on the menu):
- Eggs Benedict
- French Toast
*Photo at the top. 

* ZINQUE for Lunch & Dinner:


ZINQUE is one of my favorite places here in the city: they have a lot of French food and the location is amazing. Once again, it's right in the middle of the city, but the outside seating feels so cozy, especially at night (there are lots of little dim lights like I like them so much). They also have another location in Venice; I have never been, but I have only heard good things about it. The food tastes amazing, the sangria is delicious and once again, I simply love the atmosphere of it. It is a great place for lunch and for dinner, I do recommend it for both. It really reminds me of the terraces of France where you can just eat cheese, drink wine and talk for hours - that's how I feel at Zinqué. I would recommend making a reservation, because it does tend to be crowded and life is always better when you don't have to wait. 



Addresses:
- West Hollywood: 8684 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90048 
- Venice: 600 Venice Blvd, Venice, CA 90291

My Picks:
- Beef Carpaccio for Lunch
- Alsacienne Flatbread for Dinner
- A Sangria

* LAUREL HARDWARE for Dinner & Drinks: 


I think I am really getting old, but the more I go out, the more I prefer quiet/cozy places where I can enjoy nice conversations and good cocktails. It seems that this is all I am talking about tonight, but again LAUREL HARDWARE is a cozy place right in the middle of the city (I guess I really like those). Their outside seating is in the backyard and it looks like you have been transported somewhere else. Again, a little place of peacefulness in the craziness of L.A. 

The funny thing about this place is that it's in an old furniture store so it makes it a little secretive and I love it. You would never really think that it's a restaurant just by looking at it. The food is tasty & organic - expect to spend a bit of money for a dinner for two with drinks. The other funny thing is that I knew about this place for quite some time, but as always, it took me forever before trying it. So don't do like me and try it, you won't regret it :)

Address: 
7984 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046

My Pick:
- Bye Felicia cocktail. 


As always, I hope you enjoyed (and that it got you hungry) and most importantly, that it gave you some ideas on where to eat if you are planning to visit L.A. or wanting to try something new. I am also always looking to try new places - and even though there are many on my list that I still need to go to, don't hesitate to recommend any Xxx

- Célia

No comments:

Post a Comment