Pages

24.1.17

Malibu Pier


The more I spend time in Malibu, the more I fall in love with it. To many, Malibu turns out to be a disappointment and I won't hide that it used to be one for me too. Just a quick stop on a way to San Francisco, not much more to offer than all the other pretty beaches I stopped at before. Overrated, yes, that was the word I used in the past. I had this thought almost four years ago, and my mind has changed a lot since then; same with my life. For the better or worse, I am sometimes not quite sure. But that was then, and this is now. Now, I simply love it and could spend all of my weekends in this place. Maybe it's just the memories associated with it that make it all particular, but I do really affection it (Previous posts HERE, HERE & HERE).

Even though I went there many times, believe it or not, I never stopped at the Pier until a few months ago. And I am so glad I finally did. I had lunch at Malibu Farm (#foodlovers *) and spent the rest of the afternoon just sitting looking at the ocean. Not sure if there is something more peaceful or fulfilling than that. 

I started this year with so much motivation and hope that I didn't expect it would actually turn out to be like this (#littlemess). My head has really been filled out with questions that I don't know how to answer and my heart with some wounds that I don't know how I am going to heal. I'm not sure where I belong anymore or what I am supposed to do, who I am supposed to be. I started to be nostalgic about too many things, regretting too many missed moments and feeling bad about ways I acted. I don't know you, but I always believe that I can change and get rid of all my bad habits. Truth is, I don't and always end up making the same mistakes. But it's ok I guess, I'm learning, growing and leaving room for improvement. Being too perfect would be boring, wouldn't it? 

Anyway, this blog is not meant for nostalgia - or at least, not the bad ones (only the post travel ones are allowed if we can say it like that). Not the ones that make you stuck in one place. Anyway, this post just started with me wanted to show all of Malibu's beauty - and I hope you like it and I hope it will give you the same peaceful feeling as it does to me.

Malibu Pier: 23000 Malibu Pier, Malibu, CA 90265.





But right now
Everything you want is wrong,
And right now
All your dreams are waking up *


Xxx Célia

No comments:

Post a Comment