Pages

30.12.16

LA: FOOD LOVERS #4


Hi loves! I am finally back with a new edition of my Food Lovers (AKA some of my favorite places to eat/drink/go out in L.A). I know I was supposed to do those once a month, but school took too much of my time and here we are, me posting three months later (but no one's upset huh?). I am really excited about this one because these are places that I liked a lot and where I really had a good time. I was choosing the photos for this post while I was hungry, so you can imagine how I felt, it was like tasting it all over again (and a torture let's be honest). I usually try to share places for breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or drinks, but this time, they all are for lunch (but two also do brunch/breakfast yeaaah). Oh, and if missed the previous editions, they can be found here (#1, #2 & #3). I also put the website's link of the place in the names so you can go ahead and look further into it. Hungry yet?

* GJELINA for lunch (& dinner): 


I love Pizzas (probably like everyone else I guess?) and even though you can find them anywhere, it's not always simple to find the best ones. I have to say that after the amazing pizza that G. and I ate in Miami, I have never found one that lives up to it, but I did find some that were pretty awesome. GJELINA is a restaurant in Venice Beach that I've always wanted to try (but let's say that Venice is not really G. and I's favorite place, so we never really go there). However, when my mom visited me last month, I had to finally take her to Venice (after two trips, I think it was about time - I'm not always a good guide you could say) and I thought it was finally the opportunity to try it. 
It was during Thanksgiving weekend (on a Friday if we want to be super exact) so it was a little crowded; but we did not reserve and only waited about 5 minutes before we could get seated. The place is really cool and I really liked the atmosphere. Regarding the food, well, it was really tasty. The pizza was amazing and the salad very fresh. We shared both and it was enough, but if you're really hungry, I would add something else. The best though, was the desert, I don't think I've tasted something that good in a long time. In a few words, I really liked this place and I recommend it to anyone looking for a nice pizza and a great atmosphere. And I wish I was living a little closer, I would definitely go more often.

Address: 1429 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291

My Picks (what I prefer/recommend on the menu):
I only went once, so here's what I took:
- Four Onion Pizza, the Arugula Salad & the Yogurt Panna Cotta & Passion Fruit.


* MALIBU FARM RESTAURANT for lunch: 


I also tested this place with my mom when she was visiting. I've heard about MALIBU FARM many times and seen many photos, but I still didn't except that it looked so beautiful and that the atmosphere felt so good. Let's say that I've wanted to go to Malibu Farm for a long time, but never did. You know, it's all these things that are always on your list of things to do & that are so close by so you think you'll always have time and then you end up never going.. I don't know why I waited so long, because I loved it and can't wait to go again. The restaurant is on the Malibu Pier (I've never really stopped there before, that's probably why I never went ha), right when you enter it (At the end of the pier, there is also Malibu Farm Café). As you can see from the photos, the view is amazing and I'll repeat myself again, there is nothing better than eating while viewing the ocean
We went during the week (on a Wednesday if we want to be super exact once again ha) so it really wasn't crowded, but I would recommend reserving on the weekends. The food was really tasty, especially the Malibu blue nachos (I wish I could eat that right now). It can get a little expensive, but honestly, for the view that you get and the atmosphere, I think it's worthy and quite reasonable. I really recommend this place, especially if you stop by the pier and/or after you visit The Getty Villa which is close by, you won't regret it.


Address: 23000 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA 90265

My Picks: Malibu blue nachos & Acai smoothie.




BOTTEGA LOUIE for Brunch (& coffee): 



The last place I wanted to share today is another one of my very favorites: BOTTEGA LOUIE. It's in Downtown and I highly recommend eating there if you decide to explore the area. I have to admit that it's where I am myself going all the time (& I should probably think about trying new places ha..). It's a restaurant and a Patisserie in which they have all kinds of pastries and a large choice of macarons. I went several times, mostly to get pastries and coffee, but last time I finally decided to try the restaurant and I had a very good time. With L., we tried different dishes as we were both in the mood for sweet & salty. I know it seems that I am saying that all the time, but the food was really tasty and the decor really cute. It looks and reminds me so much of these French Cafés that I miss. I really like going there and I could really see myself going there every weekend for brunch ha. 

If you don't have time for a breakfast/brunch/lunch, I anyway recommend you to stop by and try the Patisserie, it's amazingly beautiful and everything looks so good.


Address: 700 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90017

My Pick: 
- For Brunch: Croque Madame & the Belgian Waffle.
- Pastries: An Eclair.

I hope you enjoyed it (and that it got you hungry :) & also that it gave you so ideas on where to eat; if you ever try them, let me know what you think of it. As always, if you have places to recommend in LA, I am all ears. 

- Xxxx, Célia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes *