Pages

8.10.16

San Diego: Coronado Island


San Diego occupies a very important place in my heart and it will always do. Things have been changing a bit lately and life has become some days, too overwhelming. It is fine, this is life and I shouldn't forget that if I don't like it the way it is, I can always change it. I also often forget that the things that I care or worry about are not the most important ones. In those moments, my thoughts also go toward one thing, one part of my life: S A N  D I E G O. I know that focusing on the past is not good, but I just miss how simple everything was back then. It was just about life, travel, meeting new people and most of it all, enjoying the present. Even though I have been living in California for a little bit more than three years now, this five months were some of the best of my life. San Diego will always be my happy place; the place that changed everything and even if sometimes I forget it, for the best. 

All of this to say that I felt like sharing a bit more of San Diego today and more particularly: Coronado Island. Coronado is another part of San Diego that I fell in love with. Coronado is actually a completely different little city and part of the San Diego County. Located down south, across from Downtown SD, this is really a cute island. The view of Downtown SD from there is so beautiful. The island is accessible via a bridge and it is free. I highly recommend going there at night as well, the view is even better. The beach is also wonderful. It is home to the famous Hotel Del Coronado, which is truly stunning (popular from the movie Some Like it hot). Next time I visit SD, this is definitely the hotel I want to stay at (although it is quite expensive, so I will certainly have to wait a bit ha). It is open for visits as well as for drinks at their outside bar. Nothing better than having a drink while enjoying the beach view. 

I cannot express how much I love this place. It was pretty far from where I lived and without a car, it was a little difficult to go there as often as I wanted. So I just went there a couple times and each time was a great memory. I particularly liked going at night. If you plan to visit SD, put Coronado on your list, you won't regret it. Xx


So why don't we go, Somewhere only we know *

- Xoxo, Célia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes *