Pages

12.7.16

LA: FOOD LOVERS #2


Hi friends! It's time for a second round of food loving (because who doesn't like food?) AKA some of the spots I prefer in L.A. If you missed the first edition (which you can find here), I have decided that every month, I will share some of my best places to eat in L.A. I will try to vary and offer a place for breakfast/brunch, one for either lunch or dinner and another one for drinks (probably also for coffee/ice cream & juices). Everything is subjective and it might not appeal to everyone, but I hope that it can give you some ideas if you plan to visit L.A or if you live here, to simply try new places. 

TIAGO COFFEE BAR + KITCHEN for breakfast and coffee: 

For the funny story, I literally live one block away from this place, but it took me almost two years before I finally tried it. If you have read my previous food lover post, you might remember that the meal that I prefer is breakfast (#liveforbreakfast). I just love it and it always makes me so happy to eat it outside. So anyway, about two weeks ago, G. and I were looking for a place to eat breakfast without having to drive anywhere. After a bit of research (I'm picky), we remembered about Tiago coffee and decided to finally give it a try! And we were not disappointed. The food was so tasty and fresh! At Tiago's, the products are organic and locally grown which is always good. They also have a little outside seating with palms all around, which is really great and enjoyable. The place is located in Hollywood, at the start of the Walk of Fame. It's a little outside the touristy places and way better than what the heart of the Walk of Fame can offer. They also do lunch, I haven't tried it yet, but it shouldn't be long before I do. Anyway, I highly recommend it, it's the kind of little places I love.

Address: 7080 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028

My pick (what I prefer on the menu):
- Organic Steel Cut Porridge.
- Basic Breakfast, for the slaty lovers.

* URTH CAFE for lunch (and also breakfast and coffee):


So I am cheating a little bit here, because Urth is a great place for lunch, but also for breakfast and mostly for coffee (by the way, you will notice that the first photo is a breakfast..). Their coffees and teas are in fact really good and it's also very nice place to meet for lunch/breakfast. The food is also fresh and organic and tasty (I wouldn't recommend not tasty places, but I felt the need to specify it anyway). At the Melrose location (the only one I tried), you can eat inside and outside. I love sitting outside, I do think it's more enjoyable. I have been there a couple times, however, there is something that bothers me every time: it is sometimes too crowded (mostly on the weekend), really crowded. So crowded that your time at the table is limited which I don't particularly like. I also noticed that the staff is not always nice which does take a little bit of the charm away. I still do recommend this place because, like I said before, I like the food and the location. However, I would recommend going during the week and avoiding the rush hours.

Addresses: 
Melrose: 8565 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90069
- Santa Monica: 2327 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405
- Beverly Hills: 267 S Beverly Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90212

My Pick:
- Classic Belgian Waffle (for breakfast)
- Panini Prosciutto Di Parma (for lunch)


* THE BUNGALOW for drinks/a night out:

And here is my second favorite place for drinks in LA (the other one being No Vacancy - presented in the first food lovers' edition). I love Bungalow so much and I do recommend it to anyone that visits L.A. This bar is located in Santa Monica, right on Ocean Avenue. I find it very cosy and a little chill. It is like a house, with an outside/backyard and several rooms with couches and tables in each of them. There is also a ping pong table outside. I wish I had more photos to show you, because I really love the decoration and atmosphere of this bar. It has this summer wibe that we all love so much, which makes it easier to meet people. There is some music, but it isn't loud. It is really easy to have a seat during the week and especially if you arrive early. However, it gets really, really crowded during the weekend and I do recommend arriving early. Past 8:30/9:00PM you sometimes (most of the times), have to wait over an hour in line, which is really not cool. But even though I sometimes wait, I am always having a good time and always want to come back. 



Address: 101 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401

My pick: A Sangria!

Hope you guys like it and if you have any places that you recommend, don't hesitate! Xx

- Love, Célia * 

3 comments: