Pages

4.6.16

LA: FOOD LOVERS #1



Hello friend! Today, we're going to talk about food and who doesn't like food? (certainly not me; I spend half of my time eating and spend way too much money eating outside). Since I like eating out so much, I have decided to create a new little category on the blog: my best places to eat in L.A. Of course, I haven't been everywhere, and this is simply based on my opinion, but I like to come across these types of posts when I prepare a trip, so I hope this can be useful. Since I started the blog, I have been preparing a huge post regrouping all the places I like, but I realized that it might be super tedious to read and I wanted to change the format of it so it is easier to digest the info (and fun?). Instead, I will be sharing three addresses each month; one for breakfast/brunch, one for either lunch or dinner and another one for drinks (probably also for coffee/ice cream & juices). It will be places that I love and where I go all the time, or simply places that I (recently) tried; in any case, it will be places that I recommend. 

* LE PAIN QUOTIDIEN for breakfast:


Let's start with the place I always go to aka Le Pain Quotidien. This Belgium chain has several spots around L.A and that makes me very happy. First of all, I have to state that I love eating breakfast outside. If I had to choose and only eat one meal outside, I would pick breakfast. The problem with eating breakfast outside, is that you have to get up pretty early and if you know me, you know how much I like to sleep-in in the morning. But of course, even though I get up late, I still want to go out for breakfast. The problem is that a lot of places are already serving lunch and I missed out on it. So what I like about Le Pain, is that they serve breakfast all day (the dream). So yes, I'm sure you got it by now, I love Le Pain. Every time G. and I want to go out for breakfast, I always offer it and that's where we're going most of the time. I have been recently forcing myself to try new places, because well, there are so many places in L.A and I need to stop focusing on only one haha. I highly recommend this place, the products are fresh, most of it is organic and it's really not that expensive (still count between 35/40 dollars for two: two dishes and two drinks). I also recommend it for lunch, their tartines are amazing. 


Addresses:
Like I said, there are several locations around L.A, here are a few:
- Melrose: 8607 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (My favorite)
- Larchmont: 113 N Larchmont Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90004
- Westwood: 1122 South Gayley Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90024
- Santa Monica: 316 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Glendale: 730 Americana Way, Glendale, CA 91210

My pick (what I recommend on the menu): 
- The French Toasts (very original I know).
- The Belgium Waffle with cream (can't insist enough on how good this is).
- Paris Ham & Gruyere omelette (G.'s pick).
- Prosciutto, Ricotta & Fig Tartine (in case you wanna go for lunch).

* STOUT Burgers & Beers for dinner:

The second thing that you should know about me, is that I love burgers and could eat them all the time (well almost, I do need to eat something else sometimes). It's not a secret for anyone, but here in the U.S, you can eat burgers everywhere. There are so many choices, that it's not always easy to pick the right place. Well, a burger is a burger you would say, which is true, but there are burgers that are simply amazing. So my favorite burger place is STOUT. I can't emphasized how much I love this place. Yes, it's a little pricey for a burger ($11/13 dollars) and fries ($5 per portion; one portion can easily be shared by two), but it is worthy. The place is very casual and they also offer many different beers, you'll be sure to find what you like. In Hollywood, the place is open until 4:00AM, no need to say it's ideal if you are going out in this area and need to eat afterwards. Oh, and they also have veggie burgers! 
Addresses:
- Hollywood: 1544 N Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (My favorite)
- Santa Monica: 111 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401

My Pick: 
- The Stout Burger (I came to learn to always go with the original, burger of the house, it's often the best) with a portion of sweet potato fries (my love for sweet potato fries is unconditional). Their season fries are also very good. 

* NO VACANCY for drinks:

Once again, you won't have a hard time finding a place to go out in L.A, but there are only a few that are really good. NO VACANCY is one of my favorite bar in L.A, it's right in Hollywood and I'm always having so much fun. I don't have any pictures to show, because to be honest I never take pictures in bar. However, I highly recommend this place and I do wish I had something to show you (you can access the website by clicking on the title though). The drinks are pretty cheap compared to the rest of the places ($8) and you can also get a burger during the weekend. There is a secret entrance (which I won't say anything about because I don't ruin the surprise). The place feels very cosy and they also have an outside terrace  which is amazing for summer. And last but not least, they put 80's music. Oh and I almost forgot: they have a photo booth, I love photo booth in bars, even more fun.

Address: 727 N Hudson Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028

My little advice, arrive early if you want to be sure to get in. You sometimes have to wait an hour and well, it's not so fun.

* BONUS:

Since it's the first time I post this type of article, I also wanted to share, recommend the only fast food you should go to while you're in L.A or in Cali: IN N OUT (sorry I realized that it's the second burger place I am recommending today, but what can I do, I LOVE burgers). No need to present it, but please, do yourself a favor, forget all the other fast foods and try this one. 


The menu is very simple, you only have three options: double cheese burger (two meats), cheeseburger and just a regular burger I believe. Then you have fries and shakes; like I said, pretty simple and we're far away from the 30 options of McDonalds. I know, said like this, it doesn't really seem attractive or anything special. What makes IN N OUT and what I love about it, is the secret menu and the fresh products. In other words, you can order "additional"/special items, but you just have to know about it beforehand because they are not on the menu. To be short, you can add extra meat (four by four for example: four meats - who dares to try haha?), you can order animal style fries (extra of melted cheese, sauce and little onions), or you can simply mixed the shakes together (vanilla + chocolate + strawberry: all three together or just two). (I'm pretty sure you can find the whole secret menu on the internet).

Addresses: 
- Hollywood: 7009 Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028
- Westwood: 922 Gayley, Los Angeles, CA 90024
* There are a few more locations around L.A.

My pick: 
- The animal style fries. For me, it's the all point of going to IN N OUT. If you just want a burger with regular fries, then I would go to STOUT. Don't forget to ask, these are not on the menu, it's part of the secret one :)


Hope you liked it and I most importantly hope that this is useful! For my L.A friends, if you have suggestions on places, please share them, I am always happy to discover new spots! Xx.

- Love, Célia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes *