Pages

9.11.15

LA: Universal Studios


"Why some of us don't have a true calling" - I read this sentence a few weeks ago and it resonated so much with me. I don't have a true calling. I like and am interested in many many things. I don't find time to get bored - I always have something to do, something to watch, read, etc. and I am often frustrated by the lack of time to do all of these things. They are too many movies and TV shows to watch, too many books to read, too many places to visit, too many things to learn, too many things to try. But hey, this is life, you have to find a balance and having many areas of interest is a good thing I guess. You must wonder where I want to go with this and the answer is that I like to do very different things in life. I love going to the museums, concerts, bars, but one of the things that I like the most it's going to attraction parks. I know it can seem childish, but everyone who knows me well, knows that I am crazy about them. I love rollercoasters so much that I used to dream to have a park so I could ride anytime I wanted without having to stand in the lines. I'm just having so much fun, I can't explain it. 

I know that it's different than what I usually post around here, but today felt like the perfect time to talk about it. Yes, it doesn't have much to do with a travel blog, but the thing is that I have never been that much to attractions parks since I have been here. Between Six Flags and Universal Studios, I can't even remember how many times I went, because it's simply so much. And last weekend, I went to Halloween Horror Nights, one of my favorite events of the year. I'll tell you more about it below, but for now, I want to talk  about the park in general. 

Tickets to Universal can be pretty pricey, but they use to do this "buy a day, get a pass" which was awesome and that's why I have been going that much. People don't always think that it's worthy, but if you have some extra time while visiting LA, I recommend it. The thing I like the most about Universal in LA, is the studio tour. It's built right where the lot is and visiting it is awesome, especially for me who loves entertainment. I don't want to tell you everything there is to see/do because I don't want to be spoiling you - but my favorite part of the tour is the street of Wisteria Lane (Desperate Housewives fan forever) and King Kong 3D. For the rest of the park, I simply love everything. Next year, they will open a Harry Potter section and I am beyond excited. I literally can't wait and in those moments I am happy to be loving so close to it. Once a potterhead, always a potterhead <3.

I recommend avoiding summer and holidays and would advise going during the week. That way, it's not too crowded and you'll be able to fully enjoy without standing in lines for hours.


"Your 20s will be awkward. You’ll be too old for this and too young for that. You’re going to make mistakes. Lots of them. Embrace every moment."


The other thing I like about Universal is Halloween Horror Nights. This is literally my favorite event ever. I am impatiently waiting for it every year and am beyond excited each time. The event often runs from mid September to beginning of November and it consists of a set of mazes based on a popular horror movie/series and it's truly scary (at least for me haha). The mazes are so dark and there are hidden performers coming to scare you. My favorites ever have been the one InsidiousAn American Werewolf in London and Halloween mazes. The only negative thing is that the lines are outrageous and you often end up waiting more than an hour to do one maze.. It can be avoided by buying a front line pass if you are willing to spend a little bit of extra money. You enter these mazes by little groups and the best is when you end up being the first one in line. It happened to me this year in Walking Dead and I was so scared; it's pitched dark, you have no idea where you're going and you're sure that the performers will come to scare you. It also happened with my mom last year and it was so funny, because I kept pushing her to move forward while I was just hiding behind here haha. If you have trouble imagining how looks like (cause I am not always being very clear) here is a funny video so you can see better. I don't have much photos because you can't take any inside and it's too dark in the park to get good ones. Hope you guys still enjoy the very few I have.


- Xoxo, Célia

2 comments:

Love notes *