Pages

10.8.15

LA: Venice Canals


LA never ceases to surprise me. Like I said in my LA story, this is a city that I have learned to love and I did so as I discovered its little hidden gem (and these will amaze anyone). I often had trouble with LA because I couldn't find a relaxing spot to walk and simply enjoy (except for the beach; and it's easy to get overwhelmed when you come from a small city like mine). However, that was until I found a little paradise called Venice Canals.

Located near Venice Beach, a little away from the broad walk, the canals were built in 1905 by Abbot Kinney in an attempt to recreate the feel of the real Venice, Italy. It is never really crowded so I find it very enjoyable to walk there. I also love to admire the waterfront houses. I wonder how nice it must be to live there. I am dreaming of owning a little bark that I could use anytime. I already imagine myself being married, owning a dog, and the three of us on that bark enjoying a sunny day, deeply talking about life and our dreams. I don't go there often as I should (because, well I live relatively far from it if I can say so - I know it's the same city, but it's LA, so nothing is really close to each other haha). But, as I am writing this, I realize that I should really go there more often. In fact, I've only been there twice. The first time, shortly after I arrived and another time during the summer. You'll notice that the water level is lower on some pictures, it's they were taken during the summer (and the California drought is a serious issue), but it still looked very pretty.

There aren't enough words or pictures to do justice to this place. I don't get over how beautiful this little spot is. It definitely is a breath of fresh air in the city. Venice Canals surely should be on your list if you come to LA (and even if you think that you don't have the time for it, you do! No excuses ;). 

- With love, Célia

No comments:

Post a Comment